3.0

We're one of those families that visits WDW every 4-5 years. Our last trip in 2013 was great.

Previous to January 2018, all of our WDW trips have been great. What happened? There are several factors at work here. One is just the increased popularity of WDW, but the new FastPass is a significant contributor to the disastrous decline in the WDW experience.

Imagine being stuck in Kansas City with a stand-by ticket, painfully waiting for an open seat . . . .

That's what WDW has become. The FassPass line is "The" line. Anyone standing in the STAND-BY line will do just that - stand-by watching the FassPass folks stream past. As a result of the FassPass "waiting around" function, the parks are now strewn with hundreds of folks just lounging about - waiting for their next FassPass to become valid.

Disney has created a wonderful system for trapping folks for longer periods of time in their parks. Everything suffers.

Its terrible. We won;t be back

Review about: Walt Disney World Fast Pass.

Reason of review: Poor value.

Comments

I absolutely agree. Just spent two days in the hot June sun at WDW.

I watched 200 fast pass guest go into the Tower of Terror for every 5 stand-by guests. Fast passes are terrible. We've been taking our kids to Disney every couple of years, but I am so done!Complete rip off.

I'm officially anti-Disney. Terrible vacation.

We had he exact same experience. We won’t be back either.

Horrible horrible day waiting and waiting and waiting. We were lucky to ride maybe 6 rides the entire day which works out to be about $20 per person per ride.

Definitely not worth it! So disappointed.

We travel to Florida every spring break and visit one or two of the parks. We have done this for the past 15 years.

There was a significant change this year (2018) to the fast pass systems at WDW. The fast pass has been around for years. We never used it. We would just wait in the main line and ride the few rides we were interested in.

The wait was about 1 - 1.5 hours (no big deal). This year it was clear the Fast Pass + line is "the line". Previous years there was the "Entrance" and the "Fast Pass" line. This year the fist thing I noticed was the signage was changed.

There was the FASTPASS+ line and the STAND BY line. And they mean it. It was made crystal clear to me that the real guests of the park was the fastpass+ holders and we were just one of those walk-in people. They have increased the number of fastpass+ available and made it "the line" for the ride.

This in turn slowed down what used to be the main line but is now called stand by. They also purposely slowed the stand by line on top of this. I seen and watched it with may own eyes. The stand-by line was 2 - 2.5 hours per ride.

They treated the fastfass+ users great while ignoring the stand by line. Disney is pushing everyone to use the fastpass+ system. They want you wondering the park spending money - not waiting in line. They want to capture you at the park ALL day because they know you will eat more and spend more.

It is a great manipulation of the customers. If you are a DISNEY-NITE that goes 3 - 4 times a year and always uses the fast pass system, you probably did not notice anything. I was treated very terrible by the operators of the rides which is unacceptable. Fastpass+ are free so I paid just as much as they did to get into the park.

This is also part of the problem - they are free. People are grabbing up the fastpasses and never use them. This now means that you can no longer do any spontaneous trips to Disney. You have to plan the park - they day - the ride- and the time.

That is not a vacation to me. That is what I do every day. So Disney is no longer the place for me. I also witnessed some of the fasspass+ users complain that they had to wait longer.

Everyone knows the game now. What is Disney going to do next?

Create the fastpass+ line and the SuperFastPass+ line. It has gotten ridiculous.

In 2015, the number of visas issued to all immigrants crossing the borders legally was almost 11 million, according to statistics collected at Foreign Service Posts.Supposedly, the government has set a cap of 85,000 new H-1B’s each year for the entire country. But many workers come in using other types of visas such as:OPT: Optional Practical TrainingF-1: studentB-1: businessJ-1: exchange visitorCPT: (Curricular Practical Training) interns who are recruited laterQ: Special Disney-invented visa for workers who are “authentic to the Epcot experience”Workers then switch to an H-1B.

Switches are not recorded as part of the 85,000 cap and there are no checks and balances in place to reign in visa clearances.The AFL-CIO reported in 2009 that as many as 25% of imported workers have fraudulent visas. Today, this translates to as many as 17.5 million foreign employees gaming the system.

This comment makes me chuckle. If you can't figure out the INSANELY simple Fastpass+ system, then Disney World is probably not the place for you.

We go 2-3 times a year and have yet to not get on every ride we want - including on New Years Eve - the busiest day of the year.

You just have to have the ability to read and basic phone skills. I guess that's tough for some folks.

I feel since cast members are asking for raises, customer service will be held hostage.

to Anonymous #1447397

h.kitchener

We used to drive down to WDW twice a year from the midwest for a couple of decades, both with the kids and then by ourselves. The last time we visited was when they instituted their new fast pass system.

Someone at the park said Disney spent a ton of money on the new system. We had the same experience as you trying to ride the attractions and finally cut our stay short and have never returned.

May I suggest you get in your car and visit the western states in particular the national parks in Utah, Wyoming, etc. We have done this for the past 3-4 years and not only have enjoyed ourselves immensely but have saved alot of money rather than spending it in WDW and having to put up with the frustrations now at WDW.

to h.kitchener #1520579

Because I would rather do nothing than go to a national park to stare at some dumb tree. I can think of nothing more boring or a waste of time and money to drive to a park and do nothing, parks are beyond stupid why would anyone drive and pay money to go to some bugs and snakes and trees and grass and stare at them?

I work too hard for my money to waste a vacation on that. Disney is something to look forward to, plan, enjoy and have lasting memories.