Vacation Oct 1-9, 2016.I have never been so upset as I was with this trip.

I saved for 2 years to take myself and my special needs son on this trip. I got the food plan (first time) I ever had this. I thought this would be a good thing. However, we really only got to use this 3 times, as he is special needs and needs to be pushed in a wheelchair and it was really hard as it downpoured the whole time.

I know Disney cannot control the weather, but our Resort ran out of food. and what I mean ran out of was everything except for a hamburger and fries or chicken nuggests and fries. That ok for 1 meal but not every night from Tuesday til we left on Sat. That is not acceptable.

On Wed the parks shut down early, I understand safety and we did have a lot of rain and I mean a lot and also wind. On Thursday I received a message on the resort phone that we had to fill bathtubs half full of water and there would be no transportation after 5pm. I was at the little store at our resort and was told we had to purchase the hurricane boxed lunch which was $13.00 included a 3 inch bun, 1 thin (I mean thin) slice of bologna, a clematine and small bag of chips. We were allowed one box for 2 people per the cashier so they took the other bag.

Bargain lol. We were to purchase food before 5 pm that night and any snacks because the food court would not reopen until 8pm on Thursday night. I t rained so hard that we could not get out to go get any food. Pushing an oversized wheelchair with someone who is an adult and special needs is not easy.

Needless to say, the phone messages kept coming saying the food court was closed, however I seen people walking around with food and HOT coffee. I asked them is the coffee located in the lobby and was told the food court decided to open as normal, they to said they got the same message that it would reopen at 8pm that night. Well we went over to get supper and guess what they didn't have any choices but a hamburgeror chicken nuggets and fries, but the bus to downtown Disney SPrings would be running around 6 pm. We got ready to go get in line well the line was long long long, so we chucked it up and got the nuggets again.

I aksed why they were advertising the foods and not have any of them The manager stated we brought 2 other resorts in plus all the local and we kept all the workers here and we were not prepared for this. You should not have planned a vacation in hurricane weather?. WHAT??? I did not know it was hurricane weather when I booked.

So I asked since I had to pay to spend another night that was not booked prior if they could extend my food plan I was told NO. We don't do that Its your problem not ours. Hello You (This resort) don't have any food. I mean who wants to spend $4300 stay in a room and eat nuggets.

I feel that we should have gotten better treatment. And Oh the Buses well let me tell you some of those drivers don't need to be driving a bus. They refused to put down the wheelchair ramp and had me help my son up on the bus ( Im 5/1 and he is 5'8 and 260 pounds), and then tell me I have to carry the wheelchair up the steps it weighed 75 pounds. Peopled made the comment how horrible it was to make my son walk up the steps.

They could see the condition he was in. Then turn and ell me that I was stealing the wheelchair fron the partK. I showed him where I rented the wheelchair for my entire stay at the resort from a private company. He said I put that sign on the chair.

The he said to my son Disney don't like fat people. My son just cried and cried. We get on another bus and that driver said to us you know Disney don't like fat people. Thank god there were folks still on that bus an heard it and believe me one gentleman in a wheelchair gave him a piece of his mind.

This was the worst vacation I have ever experienced, but then again I don't go very often. It had been 6 years since we took a vacatin and our last one was at Disney. We have always had a wonderful experience, but not this time. We were refused shows, because we didn't have fast passes.

Why does every show have to have fast pass. That is so not fair. I thought you could only have 2 per day, but guess not anymore. I just feel that Disney owes me at least an apology for they way were were treated.

Then having to pay for another nigts stay, when were heard several of the resorts let the guwests stay for nothing, and then for not extending our food plan for the other extra day, where we could have at least eaten in the parks. And we all know food isn't cheap at Disney, nothing is. This was most likely my sons last vacation due to the nature of his illnesses and us being able to travel. What a shame and what an experience.

Sad sad sad.Way to go Disney You could have done better than this

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Barbara20162016 is quite happy with lionking and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service and resort experience this year. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "expensive trip and food plan not being extended and addtional costs i wasnt planning on all around bad expereince." of walt disney world customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $2000. Walt Disney World needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned walt disney world customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Walt Disney World.

Had an Experience with Walt Disney World?

Comments

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1255958

So many things wrong in this story.No way did the driver say anything about fat people.

As a fat person myself I've never been treated anything but fantastic at Disney. As for the food, rain and closures - it was hurricane season. You're surprised? It happens the same time every year and you should do some basic research before traveling.

And the fast passes - you were not "refused entry". That's not how fast pass works.

Fast Pass simply allows people to go through the line faster.Non-fast-pass folks still get in.

I believe this whole thing is made up.

Chandler, Arizona, United States #1248143

We were there during this time as well.Our resort and experience was stellar.

The resort took great care of us, and even had activities and characters in the lobby the day all the parks were closed.

There was no shortage of food, and they even turned the signature restaurant into a buffet for 2 days since everything was shut down.

Dallas, Texas, United States #1233874

You are blaming Disney because you don't know when hurricane season is?This is their fault how?

I don't belive one word about the buses, we have never had one issue with my handicapped father and we go at least once a year.

Your dining plan, yes it is called the Disney Dining Plan, not the food plan, does not expire until Midnight the day you check out so again another invalid point, any issues you had were on you for poor planning.Disney can not control a hurricane.

Modesto, California, United States #1233679

Boo hoo.disneyworld rocks. FAT people stay home.

Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States #1229599

Not knowing that it was hurricane season is absolutely your fault.It happens the same time every year for crying out loud.

Just because there aren't hurricanes every year doesn't mean the season doesn't happen at the same time.

With all of the horribleness that went on in Florida during those days I find it completely disgusting that you are complaining about the things you mention above.

People were losing their lives!Get some perspective.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1228098

A few comments: 1.This was an out-of-the-ordinary event and apparently not everyone at Disney was on the same page and advance planning for the park closure was either ill-prepared or not executed properly.

Blame not just the employees, but management as they are ultimately responsible for the mess. 2. I find it hard to believe a bus driver would a. refuse to put down the ramp and/or do nothing to help you with your son.

I also find it hard to believe he would make derogatory comments, eg., not liking fat people. 3. You ran afoul of the new fast pass nonsense Disney paid $2 Billion or so to implement. This is one of the reasons we no longer go there, in addition to Disney firing some tech people and making them train their foreign replacements a couple of years ago.

And, did I mention how badly Disney treated The Boy Scouts? All in all, sorry to hear you had a bad time but we used to go twice a year from the Midwest but no longer. It just isn't worth the hassle.

I am well-aware of how difficult it is traveling with and taking care of a disabled person and you have my greatest admiration.