3.8K views

My family of 5 went on vacation to Disney World last April.On the first day we were there I was injured while sitting in my wheel chair at the 9:00 electric parade.

Workers were clearing the street to get ready for the parade to make its way down the street. People were crowding the sidewalks and being told to get behind the taped off lines. I was in a handicapped area on the edge of the tape. One of the employees pushed the crowd back and a child fell on my foot crushing it into the foot peg of the wheel chair.

Our vacation was drastically altered due to the injury I received. I was not able to put any weight on my foot and the pain was unbearable. I couldn't sit in the wheel chair all day at the parks while I was in so much pain. I caused us to get to the parks late in the day and we left early.

There were even a few parks that we missed going to because I was not able to travel.Although we had tickets for 7 different parks, I was unable to attend them. I needed to get back to New York and to a doctor. Needless to say, we left before our scheduled date. When I got back to N.Y.

I was hospitalized and my toes were removed from the damage done.I contacted Disney and they sent me an offer of a partial refund of less than $250 for the almost $4000 we spent for our vacation. I don't want their money. I want to replace the vacation as it was our life savings and the only vacation we have had as a family other than camping.

It took us years of saving to plan this once in a lifetime trip for us.All I wanted was another shot at this vacation that was supposed to be what dreams are made of.

Had an Experience with Walt Disney World?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1214608

First of all if a child fell on you that is not Disney's fault they can not control the actions of every guest.Second that is not an injury that is gangrene , there is no way gangrene could be caused by a child falling on you.

Also even if you include water parks there are only 6 parks, so having tickets to 7 would be impossible.

Disney does not have a handicapped viewing area for parades, so again , another whole in your story.Its a shame you are trying to blame some child and Disney for gangrene.

to Anonymous #1346354

"gangrene"

meaning injury was ignored till it got real bad

Irving, Texas, United States #1181798

You need to contact a lawyer and sue the mess out of them.You lost your toes for God's sake.

I feel so bad for you.

I hope you are generously compensated.Good luck to you.❤

to Anonymous California, United States #1189723

How convenient that this supportive comment comes from a town you have relatives in.

to Anna #1384677

Lol

to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #1221641

Wow you are beyond *** if you think losing her toes was Disney's fault, or the fault of a little girl.It's because she is a fat diabetic who scarfed down tons of sugar until she got gangrene .

She is lucky she just lost toes and not her whole leg.Her poor management of diabetis is all that's to blame here.

1.Your injury was your own fault.

Disney doesn't have handicap parade viewing so there is fault #1.

2.A trip to Disney would never be only $4,000 no matter how much you stretch your money

3.Disney only has 6 parks Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon. Disney Springs is not a park and does not require a ticket for admission.

If you were truly injured and it was Disneys fault your whole vacation would have been comped.As a cast member at a resort, managers refund nights for so much less than injuries.

You're full of ***

to Anonymous California, United States #1189729

While some of your points are valid, others are wrong.It is easy to spend $4000.

A family of four, let's say, with a three night stay at the resort, including food and other sundries can easily hit the mark.

Disney does have handicapped parade viewing.It's usually taped off.

Disney rarely comps anything and, in this case, they didn't need too and am glad they didn't because this injury didn't happen the way the poster states.

to Anonymous Dallas, Texas, United States #1276899

Check your dates at the time that this happened in 2013 there was no handicapped viewing for parades, and I have been comped tons of stuff by Disney, food, extra fastpasses, room upgrades ect. now as far as the poster she is full of it.

to Anonymous #1383782

Reread before you make yourself look stupid the comment says "there is no way your trip would have ONLY been 4000 meaning it would be more than 4000.