2/16 found this review helpful

Nightmare at Walt Disney World

I am staying at the Disney Wilderness Lodge, in the Disney Vacation Villas portion. The dates are May 22 - 29, 2009. I have reserved two units and it has all but ruined our vacation. A Motel 6 would have been better.

First, it doesn't matter what you pay, or even if you exchange through RCI, you will not get the extras the Disney Vacation Club members do. That's right folks, why bother. Do yourself a favor, if you want to do an exchange go down the road and stay at the Marriott or Hilton Grand Vacations.

Second, don't come with children unless you have trained them to "eat on cue." You can not eat in ANY restaurant at the Disney Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary, Polynesian, or the Grand Floridian without a reservation. Pardon me, but I should have known this. I expected to need a reservation at a "Character Meal" and/or specialty restaurant, but PLEASE, every restaurant? The only other option is what I consider to be a daily "junk food" diet from the snack bar i.e., hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries, etc. If you like to give your kid a sugary soft drink, you have it made. For about $14.00 you can buy a special cup and your kid have all the soft drink refills they want (not milk). They do have low fat milk and juice you can substitute for a soft drink at each kids meal. You can also substitute carrot and celery sticks instead of fries at each kids meal. A great selection for every day of the week!

Third, drive your car if you are staying here and don't like the above mentioned food idea. You will need access to a real grocery store. We have been living off frozen diners, bagels, and condiments.

This is the first review I have ever written. I have been to Disney multiple times in my life. I stayed at the Contemporary about 15 years ago and it was wonderful. I guess the world of acquisitions and corporate mergers does not always result in a pleasant experience for the vacationer. I have talked to the employees and believe me the money is not going to them. The employees are afraid to tell you what is going on but it appears there have been too many personnel and resource cutbacks (only two rolls of toilet paper a week for a family of four) to handle the load. Further, the employees must put up with numerous abuses from poorly behaved adults, and occasionally children, and still be able to say "Have a Magical Day."

One piece of positive advice, if you are not afraid to complain, you might even be able to get things quickly replaced that came with your broken with your room.

Had an Experience with Walt Disney World?

Comments

I am a DVC member. I got all the perks. Ownership has it priviliges

Just got back from Disney and you coulndt be more correct.I just wish I would have read this before I booked my trip.

All is good till they make an error and expect you to pay to correct the problem with reservations was our mishap.We are never going back after being a loyal customer for more than 15 years.