I know Disney is a huge company, to say the least, and has to pay several thousand employees to keep it running, but I believe Disney has become "too big".My wife and I grew up in Ft.

Lauderdale FL so we constantly traveled to Disney with our families, and later on, each other. Now, ten years later having moved to Georgia, we promised ourselves we would continue to visit Disney each year and take our children. We just cant do it anymore. While the ticket costs continue to skyrocket, and yes, we do expect this, the main reason for our displeasure is simple: My Magic+.

Between the fastpass+, advance dining reservations 6 mths out, and now Disney considering getting rid of early morning or extended evening hours, we are just done. Too many rules and regulation, too much planning. We have three kids, ages 4, 8 and 14. While I did just visit in May 2015, I must say this trip was exhausting and I dont mean from the walking or the heat.

I mean from the planning! We stayed at the Contemporary resort, and the monorail was down four of the seven days we were vacationing. We had dining reservations at Be Our Guest, Cinderellas Royal Table, (all in the Magic Kingdom) and were late to both reservations. We left 60mins early from the Contemporary and the first time, the monorail stopped at the Grand Floridian, where it stopped for good.

We had to take a bus to the MK and, thats why were over 30mins late to CRT. We also missed our fastpass reservation because of this and had to go to Guest Services to be approved for a new one. The 2nd dining adventure we were late to BOG due to walking from the Contemporary to the MK and had to wait at the gate for 75+ minutes. Why?

Because our Magic Bands stopped working. It took that long for the cast members to figure out someone had checked us out of the resort early and cancelled our credit card on file, tickets, everything. We also lost our 3 afternoon fastpasses that day for the MK because of this. The lines for what we reserved initially were 75mins, 90mins and 4 hours.

4 hours to meet the princesses.

Just too much *** which ruins the fun. It use to be: show up to whatever park you wanted, on whatever day, snag the paper fastpasses ASAP and have fun riding whatever in between the big rides which you rode with your fastpass. Now, you have to pick which park you want to go to on which day 6mths ahead of time for dining, 60 days for fastpass+, pray something doesnt happen to screw up your fastpasses, dining reservations, etc.

All the cast members we encountered were very nice, but I would rather take a vacation that isnt so "scheduled". Def not the same Disney we grew up with. Its very sad, but I just cant do it anymore. Before you criticize me, I interned at Disney's Animal Kingdom from 1998 to 2000 before I became a veterinarian for zoo animals.

My wife worked for Epcot living with the land attraction as a Botanist.So I have experienced Disney from the inside before all these *** new ideas ruined everyone's good time.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Walt Disney World. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Walt Disney World.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Theme Parks category for more informed decision or compare Walt Disney World to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Walt Disney World?

Comments