Update by user Feb 27, 2012

Spoke to Disney cast member Brett. He extended his apologies and was a really nice guy.

He said the offending cast members were new. Still probably won\'t be returning, but just glad to know that someone at Disney did address the issue.

Oddly, someone has made a profile with my name and is writing really bizarre things in the comments section of this post. Please ignore the person using my name in the comments....it is so weird, I have no clue what they are even talking about but it is obviously not this situation.

Update by user Feb 16, 2012

I would also like to add (still thinking about this hours later because it is so upsetting)that I did not ask for any kind of compensation from Disney. When I told Melissa I was angry, she said it looked like I was seeking compensation.

I really just wanted to let Disney know.

They should care when loyal customers are insulted upon entry. That\'s all.

Update by user Feb 16, 2012

I would also like to say that if a cast member told a person wearing a burka that it is not appropriate because it would be too hot, there would be outrage. This is the same thing.

I need to get a picture of my friend in this sundress because it really is not at all offending or promiscuous.

I am just so angry at how Disney handled all of this. It costs so much to go out there and then to be immediately insulted...Disney magic is dead, along with customer service.

Original review posted by user Feb 16, 2012

My friend and I are both pass holders for Disney World. My friend was wearing a sundress...in Florida.

She was told by Disney cast member Lori that she was not dressed acceptably for Disney and needed to go buy a shirt in the gift shop to put on over her dress! There was nothing wrong with this dress. Yes it was strapless, but I also have many dresses i this style. This is Florida and I would describe this friend as conservative.

When we complained to Jason at Guest Services, he claimed Lori was doing her job too well. So, our day was ruined. I wrote an email and was contacted by someone named Melissa who said this was a he said she said issue (Guess we are liars) and that there is a dress code and Disney employees are trained to look for people like my friend who are in violation. When I asked for the dress code, she said it is appropriate with shoes and a shirt.

When I asked her about people in bikini tops in the summer, she said they are in violation. I told her I will not be renewing my pass and neither will my boyfriend, my friend or her 2 kids. Melissa did not care. She says Disney does not compensate guests for cast member behavior!

So be prepared for insults at the Disney gate! What money grubbers! They should care when that many passholders get rid of their passes. They ruined the Disney magic for me.

I may never go back. Oh, and I asked Melissa to have her supervisor call me and she changed the subject.

Comments

Orlando, Florida, United States #647836

don't be surprised by the fake comments trying to discredit the source of a complaint. i used to work part time for Bud's Gun Shop doing PR, where my main job was to browse sites like this and the various state BBB forums, and use multiple profiles to defend the business.

I was never asked to pretend to be the person making the complaint or anything like that, but it was common practice for the guy running the Bud's website to remove negative customer feedback with a positive comment. in fact, several of the consumer complaints I had to discredit were complaints by customers who didn't have any complaints about our products, but didn't like that Bud's was falsely attributing glowing reviews to them.

I play Snow White at Walt Disney World resort in Orlando, Florida

Want to see more pictures instagram me @a_petits_pois or twitter@bakedlagoonbeans or Pinterest @danielle s :grin

I hope your friend and her husband sue you for the threats you made. You can ruin someone's life just because your friend did not listen to you. Some friend you are.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439440

For further information. I mentioned someone created an username similar to mine.

Only they had one "s" instead of two. The posts by Elissab are all bu me the posts by Elisab are by the imposter.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439439

You sound like a psycho. I am glad I am not your friend.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439436

Frankly I do not want Elissab around our children. She is nuts and has a temper.

I have asked my wife not to leave Elissab alone with our children. She is siding me on that. Elissab has a temper and I don't want our children the target of her temper if it gets physical.

My wife was afraid that she was going to hit her that day in Disney when she refused to complain. She was also afraid that Elissab was going to hit one of the children.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439434

Further more this and the post below was the only posts I made.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439433

I told Elissab not to take this further. After all it was me who was told that my clothing was not apporpriate. However Elissab kept telling me to complain. I had to tell her off because she was also taking the anger out on my children. I will be returning to Disney no matter what. My children like going to Disney. Frankly we are no longer friends. I did not expect her to behave like this. This is the first time she acted this way and I am shocked.

The posts she was referring to were not the ones where she admitted to threatening to have my husband arrested, but there were several posts in her name with remarks such as.

"I am an alohcolic" "I like to sell my body", "I am high right now." "I was sexually abused so that is why I am framing my friends husband for sexual abuse. and "I am retarded" "My mommy dropped me on my head so I have a low IQ"

She says none of those comments were from her. I believe her but she keeps insisting that either myself or my children posted those comments or my husband did.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439431

Actually they did. I actually did make those posts threatening to contact CPS and claim her husband was sexually abusing her children if she did not listen to me and not return to Disney.

However we are not friends anymore because she did not listen to me.

I never intended to follow through on my threats. I just did not want her patronizing Disney in any way.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439430

However we are not friends anymore because she did not listen to me.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439429

The posts about threatening to have your friends husband charged with false allergations of sexual abuse is still there.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439428

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #439181

I am glad that someone deleted all the posts which I did not make. It must have been my friend because I called her a bad parent.

Then she made posts in my name stealing my password claiming that I am a hooker, that I do drugs. She is the drug addict or behaves like one. I have not posted some posts as "I am a hooker" or "with the money I saved on disney pass I can do drugs" My friend wrote this or rather her child did. What a bad paent.

Thanks pissedconsumser for deleting those comments.

My lying friend denies this.

but thanks for deleting those comments. Now all the comments made were from me.

Disney cast member ruined our engagement cake. They removed it and we never ate it.

They are fake and act like they care. They laugh behind peoples faces. Their com pensation was to give us an ice cream social.Here is Tom Staggs email. Tom.staggs@Disney.com Also meg.croftin@Disney.com.

You can also write the better business bur.

There applications are on line. Good Luck

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #432665

Um to those replying you do realize that the OP is trolling you right.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #432664

Learn how to read morons. I never said I would actually follow through with it, just threatened to do so.

Seriously I am not competing for attention with her four and 11 year old sons. A child has got to learn to respect an adult and if that brat of hers wants to use the washroom he has to wait. An adult can interrupt a child but a child has no right to interrupt an adult, and maybe it would be better if her children were in another home. She does not know how to discipline them.

If she were not there with them all the time I would have smacked the four year old and punched the ten year old in the face to show them how to behave. My boyfriend and I broke up because I threatened to tell the police he raped me if he did not take my side. He took their side. He can go and renew his pass for all I care.

Again learn to read.

I just threatened him so that he gives in. I would never follow through.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #432661

She needs help. What a "good" friend she is.

I think she is just using that to get her way and I hope the mother has her on tape with these threats and sues her and does not give in to her threats. Then there is the whole fighting for attention with a four year old thing.

It is a little messed up they did thay. Also, they don't care about a couple people, they get millions more.

Plus, you would have your friend's family destroyed and ruin a father's life, forever, because their kids want to go to Disney?

You should go to jail. Get help.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #432167

To compete for attention with a four year old, makes you how old seven.

Kirbyville, Texas, United States #431948

Also exactly what does not loving her children have to do with her not complaining? Maybe you are eight years old like the poster below me stated, you are competing for attention against her own children.

Her children deserve her attention first. Not some "adult" self centered brat who thinks the world revolves around her.